Become one of us
We are currently growing our team, so we're looking forward for talented people to joining us in this adventure
In-House translator English/German to Swedish
Are you a top-quality translator and would you like to work for a professional and dynamic translation agency? Become a part of our family!
What we are looking for
Our application procedure is in accordance with the EN 15038 guidelines for translation agencies. You will be selected on the basis of four competencies:
- Translation Competency : you need to be able to translate texts into another language in the right way and using the right tone. When doing so you need to pay attention to correct spelling and punctuation.
- Linguistic and Textual Competency in the source and target language : the ability to perform research, to gather information and process this information into the translation.
- Cultural Competency : when translating a text into a different language you need to be aware of the cultural differences between countries and regions.
- Technical Competency : using the correct software or being willing to use it.
- You have a project-based approach, you are efficient and have a quick mind
- You have good communication skills
- You have a problem-solving way of thinking
- You work in a meticulous manner and are well-organised
- You are able to distinguish between urgent and important issues
- You have developed a high degree of concentration
- You are immune to stress
What you’ll do : Responsibibilities and Tasks
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Translating texts to a target language in which you are fluent (preferably your native tongue)
- Reviewing the translations of translators and freelancers
- Performing PDF checks and the linguistic testing of localised software
- Managing translation or voice-over projects should they occur
- Delivering quality by the agreed upon deadline
- Supporting project managers and other colleagues linguistically
- Managing terminology
- Working according to our processes and procedures and actively contributing to these
- You must have completed a translation education, or studied a relevant language and/or you have several years of translation experience in one of the disciplines
- You, preferably, translate discipline specific texts to your native language or a target language in which you are fluent
- An excellent control of the English language, orally and in writing
- Excellent typing skills
- Experience with the use of MS Office applications, such as Outlook and Excel
- Experience with various software programmes, including CAT tools