Afrikaans translation agency
A hysbak, a mengeldrankie and a snydokter*. Although Afrikaans sometimes looks very much like a different version of Dutch — it is after all a daughter language — translating into this language is a specialist area that our native translators have mastered brilliantly. And that’s great, because there are about 20 million potential customers to address in Afrikaans!
Responding to the African market with good translations
Despite the fact that only few entrepreneurs and organisations have entered the African market, it is still a continent with many opportunities. Opportunities that you can only seize if you communicate in the right way. We will provide you with the translations that will appeal to your target group. Our native translators live in Africa and know the culture and language. They know which texts will be successful and how to translate your text in exactly the right way. Did you know that Afrikaans only has one article, namely ‘die’ (the)? And that ‘we’ does not exist, but ‘us’ does? Our translators are well aware of this!
Our native translators have:
√ At least five years’ experience.
√ A university education.
√ Knowledge of your sector.
√ A passion for language.
√ And a great eye for detail.
If you need a translation, you contact a certified translation agency
We are pervaded with quality. There is a reason why we are ISO 9001 and ISO 17100-certified, because all our translations meet high quality standards. We guarantee you this quality by:
- Paying careful attention to your wishes and requirements.
- Having all translations scrutinised by 3 pairs of eyes.
- Appointing project managers who will opt for a strategy that will suit you and your schedule.
- Learning from our 10 years of translating experience.
Doing business in Africa
If you want to gain a firm foothold in Africa, we have a few tips for you. You obviously need good translations, but there is more.
- Africa is a continent and if you do business there, it is important that you approach each country individually.
- In Africa they love the credo ‘if you want to be fast, you have to go alone, but if you want to get far, you have to work together’.
- And last but not least, make sure you don’t look like a suurknol**.
Do you want to find out the costs of Afrikaans translations? You will know within 2 hours!
Are you in need of a translation service that understands exactly what you mean? Are you looking for professional translations at a competitive rate and with a tailored service? Requesting quotes is completely free of charge and without obligation. Contact us for more information or when you need a rush translation. You will receive the quote within two hours via e-pos***.
* These are the Afrikaans words for an elevator, a cocktail and a surgeon.
** A sourpuss